Conveying Material with Aeromechanical Conveyors
Carolina Material Technologies provides a wide range of Aeromechanical Conveyors. The Aeromechanical Conveyor is an efficient and low cost method of conveying solids and are an excellent choice for conveying products on a batch or limited basis.
The Aeromechanical Conveyor consists of a series of polymer disks, affixed to an aircraft quality SS wire cable on 6” centers. This rope assembly rotates at speeds between 200 – 400 FPM, thereby creating a transfer motive, air, which conveys your product. Material discharges, via centrifugal force, at the outlet. There is no need for dust collection, as with a pneumatic system, as the air volume is minimal and remains in the Aeromechanical Conveyor housing. Since the conveyed material is “trapped” within the 6” space of the polymer disks, the Aeromechanical Conveyor is an excellent choice when segregation must be avoided.
UniTrak's Powderflight aeromechanical conveyors operate on a simple principle. Within a steel tube, a wire rope with evenly spaced discs travels at high speed, running in sprockets at each end of the conveyor. As material is fed in, the air stream aerates or fluidizes it and carries it to the outlet, where it is discharged by centrifugal force.
Features and Advantages
Principle of Operation
Our Aeroflow AeroMechanical conveyors are of a tubular design in which a continuous wire rope assembly with accurately spaced polyurethane discs move at high speed. At each end of the conveyor, the rope assembly runs around specially designed sprockets, one of which drives the rope assembly and the other tensions it. The drive assembly can be located at either the inlet or outlet of the conveyor depending on its length or to suit plant requirements.
- No dust collection system. Because no additional air is added to convey materials in an aero mechanical conveyor, there is no excess air at the outlet from which to filter entrained dust. Any entrained material that is not ejected at the outlet is simply carried round the enclosed system until it is.
- Low power consumption. The aero mechanical conveyor is one of the most efficient mechanical conveyors available and therefore keep power requirements and costs to a minimum.
- Total transfer. We would be deluding ourselves as well as our customers to claim total transfer. Of course, as in any other conveyor or vessel, fine powders will adhere to the walls of the conveying tubes to one degree or another BUT, for all intents and purposes, for everyday bulk solids and ingredients handling applications; what is feed into the conveyor at the inlet is discharged at the outlet. This makes the aero mechanical conveyor ideal for transferring pre-weighed batches of bulk and/or minor ingredients.
- Gentle conveying action. Materials are suspended in a cushion of air that lines the walls of the conveying tubes as it is displaced by the discs travelling at speed. This makes for a gentle conveying action that minimizes damage to fragile finished products as they are conveyed to packaging machines, for example.
Advantages of Aeromechanical Conveying
- Total containment.
- Proven design that allows top-of-the line efficiency.
- Has round the corner configurations.
- Dust free
- Convey material up to 120,000 kg/hr.
- Multi-outlet distribution.
- Operates at any angle.
- Easy to clean
- Dust-free Conveying
- No Dust Collection System
- Low Power Consumption
- Proven Design
- Operates at any angle from 0-90°
- Transfers Materials Vertically & Horizontally
- Total Transfer
- Gentle Conveying Action
- Multiple Inlets & Outlets
- Conveys Difficult Materials
- Maintains Mixtures
- High Throughput
- Totally Enclosed for Total Containment
Bulk Bag Unloader - Vibratory Feeder - Aeromechanical Conveyor
Portable Bag Dump Station Feeding an Aeromechanical Conveyor
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fill Out the Contact Form Below