Flexible Sleeves And Connectors
Flexible Connectors, Tubing, and Sleeves for the Food, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Mineral Industries
Carolina Material Technologies offers Flexible Sleeves and Flexible Connectors in several different materials, including Clear Polyurethane, EPDM, Pure Gum Rubber, Rubber Coated Nylon, Silicone, and Neoprene. We offer the flexible connectors in different styles, including straight sleeve, bellowed shape (silicone only), BFM Fittings, and Tri-Clamp Connectors. Our FDA approved flexible connectors are CLEAN, SAFE, and EFFICIENT for the following industries: Food, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Mineral.
BFM Flexible Connectors
The BFM® fitting is a revolutionary, snap-in, flexible connector and spigot that eliminates the problems associated with traditional hose clamp systems. BFMs are a must-have piece in the food, chemical, and pharmaceutical companies, where dust control and hygiene are essential to product quality and plant conditions. BFMs help to make your plant cleaner, safer, cheaper to run, and more compliant. 100% sealed, eliminating leaks and dust. No product build-up means better hygiene. Easy to flush through for cleaning. Improved performance under pressure and movement. No tools required for fitting reducing health & safety risks. See product flowing between machines. Extended product life thanks to robust design. Less downtime as changeover takes less than 40 secs. Standardization so you need to keep less stock.
BFM® patented connectors provide superior performance:
- 100% sealed, no mess, no leaks
- Seals tighter under pressure
- No product build-up means better hygiene
- No tools required for fitting
- Snap-in design makes installation easy
- Standardised connector sizes mean you need to keep less stock
BFM® in Action
What are BFM® Connectors made from?
BFM® fittings manufacture a range of patented products available in a variety of materials:
- Clear Polyurethane USDA Dairy Equipment Approved - Seeflex 040E/020
- Breathable Polyester for high-temperature installation - LM4
- Breathable Polypropylene for low-temperature installation - LM3
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) for very high temperatures, caustic or acid - Teflex
- Kevlar flame retardant covers for over-pressure and potentially explosive applications
- Polypropylene light blocking Black Out covers for light-sensitive applications
- End caps, blanking socks and breather bags are also available
How are BFM® Connectors used?
BFM® fittings are used in a wide variety of applications involving dry dust or powders to supersede old hose clamped systems
- Vibrating & oscillating sifters
- Conveyors & Feeders
- Silos & bin inlet & outlets
- Vibro tubes
- Rotary valves
Clear Polyurethane Flexible Tubing Sleeves
The Clear Polyurethane Tubing Flex Sleeves and Polyurethane Flex Sleeves offer many advantages over traditional socks, boots and sleeves. Our tubing flex sleeves can be cut to exact length, allows for product viewing and in most applications it offers superior abrasion and chemical resistance. The tubing compounds to meet your individual application specifications.
.In addition to the extruded sizes, non-standard diameters or tapered boots can be fabricated. They are built using the PerfectSplice. The splice is virtually invisible and no loss of material strength occurs in the process. The boots / tubing can be made in 30 or 60 mil wall thickness.
The spliced boots are available with FDA food contact clearance and anti-stat as well.
- Diameters from 2" ID through 12" ID
- Tensile strength: 6000+ psi
- Temperature range: -40 to 180 F
- Elastic shock cords and or rings can be added to meet specific application demands.
- Complies with FDA regulations for direct food contact per CFR sections 175.105 and 177.2600.
EPDM Tubing Flexible Sleeves
CMT offers white and black EPDM tubing flex sleeves among many other types of rubber tubings. EPDM is a terpolymer of ethylene, propylene and a diene monomer making EPDM tubing resistant to oxygen, ozone, and sunlight. EPDM Rubber flexible sleeves are excellent at handling acids, oxygenated solvents and wet or dry abrasive materials. This flex sleeve is suitable for outdoor exposure. The flexible sleeve can withstand temperatures to 300°F. It is resistant to polar materials such as phosphate esters, many ketones and alcohol. However, its resistance to petroleum products is poor.
- Temperature range is -60°F to +350°F.
- Resistance to oxygen, ozone, and sunlight.
- Offered in 1/8” - 3/16” thickness.
- Good electrical properties, low temperature flexibility,
- Excellent heat, water and steam resistance
Pure Gum Tubing Flexible Sleeves
CMT provides pure gum tubing for your specific application. Pure Gum Tubing Flex Sleeves are specially made for weather and ozone resistance. This flex sleeve has excellent tensile, elongation, tear resistance and resilience. It has good abrasion resistance and excellent low temperature flexibility. The flex sleeve has poor resistance to solvents and petroleum products. This flex sleeve is a best seller for dry materials processing. Gum rubber flexible sleeves have excellent abrasion and tear resistance. The pure gum flexible sleeve is the most commonly used tubing utilized in practically every industry.
Rubber Coated Nylon Sleeves
Rubber Coated Nylon flex sleeves are an industry standard, but RCN is only one of many fabrics available to you. These light-weight sleeves are made with Neoprene and have a Nylon backing. Rubber Coated Nylon sleeves are very pliable, soft rubber coated on a two-way stretch nylon backing. Popular uses include vibratory feeders, screw feeders, and other applications that involve load-cells where minimal impact is a must.
- Elastic shock cord ends
- Clamps sewn into hems
- Flanged ends
- Center support rings
- Grounding / static wire
- Velcro / zippers closure
- Hanger loops / tabs
- Breather patch
Silicone Weighing Flexible Connectors
This Silicone Weighing Flexible Connector features a molded flexible connection in black static conductive silicone rubber (also available in FDA acceptable translucent silicone rubber). This flex connector is very flexible, and is designed for the use in weight systems. Our flex sleeves have low axial and lateral force. Silicone weighing flexible connectors do not affect the weighing process
- Material in the Silicone Flexing Connector:
- Silicone Rubber, black conductive
- Temperature -40 tot +200 degrees C
- Air and Powder Tight
- Flexible Sleeves for Easy Fitting
- Approved According to FDA 177.2600
Request a Quote