Double Dump Valves
Double Dump Valves as an Alternative to Rotary Valves
The Double Dump valve is often used in replacing rotary airlocks. The valve consists of two flaps connected by counterweights or spring-loaded spindles, which are operated by means of a motor driven cam. The cam alternately opens each flap allowing materials to pass through the separate chambers in batch form and thereby ensuring a gas seal. Suitable for discharge dry dust, powder, granules and fibrous materials from cyclones, filters and hoppers.
- Feed devices for low-pressure applications on fibrous, large particle and/or very abrasive products where rotary airlocks would typically jam and/or suffer intolerable wear.
- Maximum pressure differential is normally 20” Wg,
- Maximum temperature is in excess of 1,000° F.
- Ideal on the bottom of dust collectors or gravity feed hoppers.
- Consist of two flaps connected by counterweights or spring loaded spindles, which are operated by a motor driven cam.
- The cam alternately opens and closes each flap, allowing material to pass through the separate chambers in batch form and insuring a gas seal.
Features & Benefits:
- Cast Iron Body.
- Square or Round Flanges.
- Fabricated range allows for custom designs.
- Allows handling of larger particles that normally jam rotary valve and feeders.
- Inspection doors allow access to valve internals.
- Electric Motor Driven units feature a cam with cam followers for smooth operation.
- Pneumatic Air Cylinder units feature a control panel with cycle timers to precisely control the opening and closing of the flaps.
- Counterweight units do not require power or air. Product weight opens the flaps which is controlled via variable position counterweights.
|Heavy Duty Cast Construction||Cast Iron or Fabricated Stainless Steel|
Round or Square Flanges
Pressure Differentials to 20” WG
|High Temperature to 1400 F||6” through 24” Size Range|
|Special Sizes Available|
|Plastics & Petrochemical||Wood waste|
|Mining & Minerals||Chemical|