CMT offers Mass Flowing Vibratory Weigh feeders based upon 3Sigma’s exclusive GeoTray feed tray and MassMate mass flow hopper. Mass Flow Feeding, High Frequency Dribble Feed, Instant Off and No Moving Parts make it the weigh feeder of choice for a variety of dry bulk products. The GeoMate Vibratory weigh feeder design is simplistic in nature. With one basic design, very small, field changeable modifications are made to each GeoTray to meet the needs of a broad range of products.
3Sigma Vibratory weigh feeders are used at work every day in a broad range of industries, including Aggregates, Ceramic, Chemical, Coal, Food, Glass, Light Industries, Metalworking, Minerals Processing, Packaging, Pharmaceutical, Plastics & Rubber and Recycling. 3Sigma's vibratory weigh feeders effectively and efficiently feed materials in quantities ranging from a few ounces to tons per hour.
Stainless Steel Construction for Superior Flow Characteristics
3-point Design or
MassMate Mass Flow Hopper
No Agitation Required.
Mass flow design means
No Moving Parts!.
The flexible sleeve isolates the
FeedTray from the hopper. This
allows for FeedTray oscillation and
proper cross sectional shear.
One Moving Part
The drive is the only
"moving" part and comes
with a 3-year warranty.
One-piece weldment. No bearings. No
bushings. No seals. No moving parts.
1) Dependability/Maintenance – The GeoMate vibratory weigh feeder has no moving parts. The vibratory feeding system operates on a mass flow basis, without the following moving parts typically in a screw feeder system: screw, sprockets, bearings, bushings, multiple DC/AC drives, motor brushes, agitators, shafts and seals.
The GeoMate vibratory weigh feeder is not affected negatively by the abrasive or the very fine powders (magnesium, iron oxides, etc) or the cohesive products (clay) that you use. Our vibratory feeder has loss-in-weight and gain-in-weight capabilities, for gravimetric feeding and volumetric feeding.
• Abrasive products will abrade the screw in a screw feeder, in many cases rendering it useless in months, due to the high wear. Continuous replacements are costly ($800 to $2,000 per screw). The GeoMate vibratory feeder does not force material against aa surface, such as a screw against the discharge tube, thereby eliminating friction and wear.
• Fine products. It is a well known fact that fine materials, -100 to -325 mesh, will work their way past the seals, where the feed screw attaches to the drive shaft and, in time, will bind the feed screw, causing a failure of the screw feeder. Air purge systems and special seals improve this, but have not been able to eliminate it. The GeoMate vibratory feeder has no unions, no shafts, no seals thereby eliminating this problem.
• Fibers. Our patented rod tray can effectively feed steel, wool, and steel fibers.
• Cohesive products. Finally, you will never again hear the “squeal” of a feed screw binding within the outlet tube as material builds up, heats up and hardens inside the screw feeder. This generally leads to the screw twisting itself up in the hopper leading to downtime and high replacement costs. The GeoMate vibratory feeder eliminates this problem.
2) Accuracy – Due to the inherent design of the GeoMate vibratory weigh feeder the final batch accuracy will be much greater than that of a screw. As seen during our demonstration the output is incredibly consistent whether feeding at the fast speed or the dribble speed. This creates a very consistent amount of product in “free fall” time and time again, which is compensated for with the control’s preact function. This fact, Instant Off, without Plopping, provides optimal batch accuracies.
3) Investment – The short-term investment of the Geomate vibratory weigh feeder is very similar to a comparable screw feeder, while the long-term investment is much less, as there are literally no wear parts on the feeder! Screw feeders require replacement parts period. Feed screws, sprockets, seals, motor brushes and bearing assemblies are typical replacement parts on a screw feeder system. The GeoMate vibrator feeder comes with a 3-year warranty.
4) Cleaning – The GeoMate vibratory weigh feeder is easy to empty and clean. Remove one quick-disconnect clamp and the tray swings open for complete cleaning.
5) Safety – As there are no moving parts in the Geomate vibratory weigh feeder, there is no potential for worker injury.
Ultra consistent dribble flow
Feed stops instantly
Remove quick-disconnect clamp for Easy Clean
Quick Access to Inside of Tray
Easy Clean and No Moving Parts
- In 2004 3Sigma provided 72 GeoMate Vibratory weigh feeders to batch more than 70 different products ranging from Sulfur to Steel Wool. 3Sigma provided the same GeoMate Vibratory weigh feeders for all products with only three different GeoTray designs.
- No moving parts and an industry best 2-year warranty, translates into the lowest operating cost in the industry.
Automation Vibratory Weigh Feeding Machines provide:
- Less dependence on manpower
- Better rates of efficiency
- Optimal power consumption
- Lower error rates
- Round-the-clock operation
- Better profits
Batching Chilled Teflon Powder